COVID-19 – UPDATE – At the time of writing, there has been no official confirmation of media reports that new arrangements for churches will come into effect on 1 June 2020. The proposed changes will have a significant impact on our community and so the following information is provided on the basis that the media reports are correct.
NEW CHURCH GUIDELINES – Our Parish observes Government guidelines for compliance and relies on advice from the Bishop and diocesan authorities.
- ·50 Person Limit – Gatherings in churches are now limited to 50 people at any one time. This needs to be strictly observed. Please note the information below if you wish to attend Mass.
- ·Hygiene and Social Distancing – Please use the hand sanitiser available at both churches and observe the marked seating for use at Mass and private prayer at Kieran’s. At St Cecilia’s please ensure correct spacing when attending Mass.
SUNDAY MASS - LIVE STREAMING - Sunday Mass will be live streamed from St Kieran’s this Sunday at 9.30am. Details of how to view the Mass are on the front page of the bulletin.
- ·Future Sunday Mass Arrangements – At this stage no final decisions have been made regarding arrangements for Sunday Masses. Hopefully the situation will be clearer by early next week. An email will be sent with information.
- ·St Kieran’s Church - Mass at 8.30am each weekday (except Wednesday).
- ·St Cecilia’s Church – Mass at 9.00am on Wednesdays.
- ·Sign-in required – The increased number permitted is well in excess of the numbers that usually attend weekday Mass so there is no longer a requirement to phone the Parish Office beforehand and no limit on the number of weekday Masses you attend. However, all are required to write their names on the sheet at the door.
- ·Communion in the Hand - For reasons of hygiene, all parishioners are requested to receive Communion in the hand.
Private Prayer - Churches will be open for private prayer. Please ‘sign in’ each time you visit and take time to read instructions and follow any signage in the churches.
- ·St Kieran’s Church – Open from Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.00pm and on Sundays from 11.00am.
- ·St Cecilia’s Church – Open on Wednesday before and after the 9.00am Mass.
Reconciliation (First Rite) – Saturdays at St Kieran’s – 5.00-6.00pm