- Welcome to the Sacramental Program 2019-2020
- Registration Form 2019-2020
- Parish News
- Baptism of Young Children Program
- Nurturing Faith
- Stations of the Cross
PARISH SACRAMENTAL PROGRAMME – IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
The celebrations of the Sacrament of Confirmation for children in Year 3 (and older) have been scheduled for Wednesday 11 August, Friday 13 August and Saturday 14 August. At this stage we have been allocated 8 sessions due to the possibility of COVID 19 restrictions remaining in place until next year.
The full program dates for the 2021/2022 Children’s Sacramental Program will be available in coming weeks.
As part of the review of Sacramental preparation, the following decisions have been taken:
- ·The order of the Sacraments of Initiation remains unchanged: Baptism – Confirmation – First Reconciliation – Eucharist (First Communion);
- ·From 2021 onwards, children will receive Confirmation in Year 3 (not Year 2 as is the current practice) and then the remaining Sacraments in Year 4. This arrangement makes more sense in terms of a child’s level of maturity and ability to experience a meaningful reception of the Sacrament;
- ·While the full implications of this decision are yet to be explored, these changes open up other possibilities for the sacramental formation of children and their families. More information will be made available as it comes to hand.